|This Cancer Indemnity Plan helps protect Members and their families against potential financial losses associated with treatment of cancer. The benefits of this plan are paid directly to you (cash benefit) and are paid regardless of any other insurance you may have.
- $3,500 First Occurrence Benefit (per covered individual)
If the covered person is first diagnosed as having cancer while insurance is in force, we will pay a First Occurrence Benefit (N/A in MN). This benefit is payable once during the lifetime of each insured, and is not payable for the diagnosis of skin cancer.
- $50 per day for In-Hospital Confinement
Benefits begin the first day of hospitalization for cancer and pay per day up to a total of 90 days per illness period. Illness period is defined as, “The period beginning when a covered person incurs covered expenses while insurance is in force. If the covered person goes 90 days without incurring such expenses, we will consider treatment incurred after that date as the beginning of a new illness period. Benefit amount is $50 a day."
- Up to $1,000 for Chemotherapy and Radiation
Includes X-ray, radium and cobalt treatments for up to $1,000 lifetime maximum per covered individual.
- $75 per year Wellness Care Benefit
Pays up to $75 every 12 months toward Preventive Cancer Screening per covered individual (children are not covered under this benefit). Benefits are paid for the following: mammography; clinical breast exam; pap smear; diagnostic radiology/imaging, prostate cancer screening including, but not limited to, prostate-specific antigen testing and digital rectal examinations; colorectal cancer screening with flexible sigmoidoscopy, double contrast barium enema (DCBE), colonoscopy, or fecal occult blood testing (FOBT); or physical examination by a Physician as part of a cancer-related check-up.
- Available to Members ages 19 to 65 … coverage can be continued to age 75.
- Children may be covered under the family plan.
- All applicants must be cancer free for five years (12 months in TX) prior to application date.
- $9.95 per month for Member
- $15.95 per month for Family
- Injury or sickness other than cancer;
- Expenses the covered person is not legally obligated to pay or those charged only because the covered person has insurance; and
- Treatment or services performed outside of the United States.
Pre-existing Condition Limitation
A cancer for which treatment has been received before the covered person has been insured for 45 days will be considered a pre-existing condition. We will, however, make payments for this cancer if the covered person incurs expenses after his insurance has been in effect for 12 months.
Termination of Coverage
The insurance of the insured person may be terminated only:
- When the group's master policy is terminated;
- On the date of the expiration of the grace period (31 days) if the insured person does not make the required premium payment;
- On the premium due date next following the date the insured person ceases to be a member of the group;
- For dependent coverage, on the date the dependent ceases to be eligible;
- Benefits terminate at age 75.
This plan is not available to residents of the following states: Connecticut, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Wyoming. In California, this plan is not available to persons age 65 & over.
Underwritten By Monumental Life Insurance Company
Monumental Life Insurance Company is an AEGON company. Monumental Life enjoys some of the highest ratings from Standard & Poor’s, A.M. Best Company, Fitch Ratings and Moody’s Investor Service based on financial strength and operating performance. To see Monumental's specific ratings, go to
30 Day Free Look
We believe this Plan is a valuable benefit and we’d like you to take up to 30 days to review the Plan’s benefits. If you decide the Plan doesn’t meet your needs, just return your Certificate of Coverage within 30 days of receipt. You’ll get a full refund of premiums paid, with no obligation.